Comment on this article |
Email this Article
Announcement :: Anarchism
Great Plains Anarchist Network 2005 Fall Caucus
Current rating: 2
Email: gpan (nospam) sdradicals.org (verified)
Address: SDRADICALS, PO Box 601, Vermillion, SD 57069
23 Aug 2005
THE SDRADICALS WELCOME YOU TO THE FALL 2005 GREAT PLAINS ANARCHIST NETWORK CAUCUS IN VERMILLION, SD!
CALL-OUT FOR A RADICAL GATHERING THIS FALL!
Do you want to meet other activists from South Dakota and across the Great Plains? Are you interested in radical politics or movements but haven't had a chance to learn more? Would you like to spend a weekend celebrating resistance, love, freedom, and equality?
Then come to the Great Plains Anarchist Caucus this Fall! This is an invitation for you to join Vermillion activists for three days of action and discussion, strategy and fun. On September 16-18, people from all over South Dakota, the Midwest and beyond will converge for a weekend of workshops, networking, revolution and anarchy.
We'll be providing free camping spots and food for all who attend. We will be outside of town, enjoying a full moon and the autumn equinox. There will be camps with various themes, and several kitchens catering to different tastes. Workshops range from the philosophical and theoretical to practical DIY skillshares. We'll also be playing games like Calvinball and Combat Kissing. There will be live music throughout.
A FEW NOTES ON THE UPCOMING CAUCUS:
• We will be camping out for the weekend; other housing and care will be provided for those in need
• There will be a clearly posted policy concerning sexual, verbal, physical, and any other forms of harassment. In the event of any kind of abuse we ask that you inform the hosts immediately.
• There will be a volunteer safety and peace team assisting throughout the weekend. The volunteers will be equipped with first aid supplies, emergency phone numbers, directions to nearby emergency facilities, and information on Vermillion. They will be clearly marked and glad to help in case of emergency or to answer questions, and will be in communication with the medical, information, kitchen, and daycare camps.
• Daycare will be provided at the camp. Volunteers are welcome to help.
• There will be at least two kitchens. Volunteers are welcome, as are supplies.
• Medical facilities will be provided. Volunteers are welcome.
• We welcome visitors before the caucus and also extend an invitation to join our community in a week extension
• Check-in will be on Thursday evening and all day Friday at Lions Park on Cherry St., Vermillion.
WHAT TO BRING:
• Camping gear including tents, blankets, pillows, flashlights, etc. We will provide what we can
• Musical instruments
• Bicycles for critical mass
• Masks (only for Calvinball of course!)
• First aid kits
• Goods such as arts, crafts, etc. for the trade circle
• Zines and books for GPAN and our infoshop
• Food (we will provide meals in two kitchens throughout the caucus)
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
• Drugs or alcohol. Please do not endanger GPAN!
THERE WILL BE MANY CAMPS INCLUDING:
• Quiet camp for sleepers, Loud camp, Art camp, Kids camp or daycare, Karmic Space kitchen and camp, Jam camp for musicians
Email: gpan (at) sdradicals.org
Snail: SDRADICALS, PO Box 601, Vermillion, SD 57069
This work is in the public domain